This post is part of a series that focuses on children's and women's health, as part of a sponsored partnership with Aurora Health Care. I will never forget the fourth of July weekend that my family experienced last year.
We were up north, as we usually are on the fourth of July.
I was indoors, playing on the floor with my youngest child. All of the sudden, my husband burst through the door carrying my five-year-old, blood dripping onto the floor from his head.
Both of them had a shocked look on their face, and there was a gaping hole in my son's forehead, just beside his left eye.